Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trouble and Heartache

In this life we have bad days and hard times.

Sometimes, life can get to a point you just don't know how you're going to make it. This world can bring you to your knees, break you. These difficult times can seem never ending and we wonder why we are getting slammed over and over from every direction. Our heart gets broken and usually, it's when we have the best intentions for the people/person who breaks it.

If this is you, or if you are still holding on to a situation or time when you felt this way; know that you are not alone. You are not alone in the sense that millions of people have similar struggles as you. More importantly you are not alone because you have your Father. Not your earthly Father, I can't speak for Him. You have your heavenly Father. He is always there. Although, He will allow these hard times to come and sometime linger, He is there. He is waiting for you to turn to him during these times. He wants to hear your heartaches and troubles. He desires to comfort you and fill your heart with joy in the midst of the pain.

I know just as well as anyone that during these times it's hard to turn to God. He is not here, physically, standing beside you. You can't hug him or lay in his arms. He can however, hold your heart like no other person on this earth can do. God is the creator of your heart and soul; He knows what is best for you in every situation. Turn to him, pray, pour your heart out; He wants to hear it! If this is new to you just give it a try, yes it may feel strange but what can it hurt? How well are you doing on your own? For me, during these times I take a hot shower. I sit in the tub and let the warm water run over me. Sometimes I close my eyes and bow my head; sometimes I just look straight ahead, watching the water. I usually cry; and it helps. I let the water wash the tears away and I pour my heart out. When I get out of the shower, sometimes, I feel instantly better, other times I even feel worse. But always, after a period, I feel better. I have allowed God to enter my heart.
God already knows your troubles and pain. No, you don't need to tell it all to Him. But He wants you to. It does help to talk to Him about it!

A verse of scripture that helps me through these times is Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."

We may never know why we go through the things we do. But God does. So let him comfort you and try not to understand everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment